We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperStudio web datasource not posting POST data

randall.lasini

I am trying to design a few desktop reports on the community version of Jaspersoft Studio 6.8.0 from JSON data sources.

I have used WGET to successfully send the POST data (api id/key) to the public REST interface at incapsula (eg my.incapsula.com/api/prov/v1/sites/list  - This API document is public so no issue providing the details here, just not the keys) and get back the JSON data no problem.  I have then successfully created a number of reports from the JSON data with no issue  (via a JSON file data adaptor)

What I want to do now is use web service data adaptor - but while I can create it and I can see that it goes out to incapsula, the only response I get back is the error page (the JSON error page).  My testnig with a REST web service I control, and I cant see the POST data being sent, dispite it being in source tab.

EG: "queryData" : "api_id=12345&api_key=2a3b4c-5d6e-7f8g-90hi-111213jklmn"

I confirm this that when I sent the WGET with the wrong API or (no API keys) I only get back the same JSON error page.

As far as I can tell, the web data handler is not sending the data properly for the POST part. 

Anybody else have this problem?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - After some more poking around I found out the reason and the solution.

The reason is the specific Data source I am connecting to doesn't like the content type of "application/json".

Because when I try the connection with wget it uses the content type of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and successfully down loads the JSON data.

So what I did was in the "Dataset and query Dialog" window, in the Source tab, I changed 

"contentType" : "application/json",
    "rootPath" : "",
    "baseUrl" : "/api/prov/v1/sites/list"

To 

"contentType" : "application/x-www-form-urlencoded ",
    "rootPath" : "",
    "baseUrl" : "/api/prov/v1/sites/list"

And this allowed the connection to work.

Hope this helps other people in the future.