Can not launch iReport Designer

I just have downloaded and installed iReport 5.6 for Windows 10. Installation show ok. But if I try start ireport.exe splash window brings on screen and process stops.

What's the matter? I did found no log-file.

agnostist's picture

2 Answers:

iReport was developed and the project was terminated before Windows10 came out.

The current report design tool that is being developed and supported is Jaspersoft Studio.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperstudio/files/JaspersoftStudio-6.8.0/

hozawa's picture

If you don't like (as me) to use the incredible slow JasperSoftStudio and also don't need any new features of JasperReports > 6.x, you could of course run iReport also in Windows10.

The only thing you should  be aware: iReport was designed in NetBeans and is NOT compatible with any Java Version > 1.7

So you will have to install/copy a JRE7 to your local machine and edit the iReport.conf  (located in your iReport install directory unter etc ... eg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jaspersoft\iReport-5.6.0\etc\ireport.conf") and point to the JRE7 directory:

eg:

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
jdkhome="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre7"

keep in mind, that any (newer) Java Setup could tell you, that an installed Java 1.7 is unsecure and should be deinstalled - you must ignore this warning (or your JRE7 will be uninstalled automatically

hth + regards

C-Box

C-Box's picture
Feedback