We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

LDAP and Changing passwords.

nick_keay

We've successfully implemented Jasper Server Community edition 6.4.2.  We've also successfully implemented LDAP External User Authentication.  However when I read the JasperReports Server Security Guide, it advises against enabling allowing users to change their passwords.  Is this because it's unsupported and or because we're using the Community edition? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched through the Security Guide and can't find the reference you mentioned. Can you post the specific text you mean?

Users should not change their password via JRS, because the password is coming from LDAP.  I doubt a password change through JRS would work. They should be able to change their LDAP password via LDAP.

Hi Elizam, Thanks for the prompt reply.  I'm reading the JasperReports Server Security Guide 6.4.  Chapter 4 User Security, 4.2.3 Allowing Users to Change their Passwords.  I was hoping that our users would be able to manage their Active Directory user passwords via LDAP from JRS.  But it sounds like what your saying is no, JRS can only do the Authentication of an External Users via LDAP, but isn't setup to facilitate the "changing" of passwords through LDAP?