We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to regroup cells in details

tyvain

Hi,

First I am new to jasper, so maybe the question is trivial, but I don't find solution on the internet.

I have this kind of data:

idgroupidgroupLabelvalue
10SOME LABELhello
20SOME LABELhow
31ANOTHER LABELare
41ANOTHER LABELyou

But I would like to regroup groupLabel by groupId  to have this display:

idgroupidgroupLabelvalue
10SOME LABELhello
20how
31ANOTHER LABELare
41you

I don't find the solution to this problem.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's possible to implement the exact layout you did. Once I asked a Tibco consultant he did not know it too.

The closest possible layout is like this: https://postimg.cc/image/ow4d47jkx/

Of course, you can remove the borders in each group to make it look better.

To implement this, first sort your data on the grouping column (I did this in Dataset and Query -> Sorting) then check Textfield property -> Print Repeated Values -> Uncheck

Hi riodavid,

I mange to do it as you said. But this 'unsued' space is a waste.

In my case, the merged cell is a big text, so its looks like this (it's ugly...):

idgroupidgroupLabelvalue

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum

hello
20how

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum

are
41you

The perfect solution would be to use this empty space...