Ireport 3.7.6 and dynamic I18N

Hi,

we have reports that have to be translated in the language of the destination. The language comes from the result of the query.

What is the best way to perform this ? I did read many things about resource bundle, but i don't think it's the solution in my case.

Actually, each text field is formed with an expression testing the language to use and that applies the translation coded within this expression...something like

($F{LANGUAGE_ID}.equals( "FR" )?"BON DE LIVRAISON":
($F{LANGUAGE_ID}.equals( "ES" )?"ALBARAN DE ENTREGA":
($F{LANGUAGE_ID}.equals( "DE" )?"LIEFERSCHEIN":
"DELIVERY NOTE"
)))

as long as we wil have different languages to add, we don't want to change the report each time.

it seems that the bundle doesn't permit the dynamic use....

Thank you for your help

Fred

frederic.lancial's picture

2 Answers:

The best way is to upgrade to Jaspersoft Studio and use resource bundles.

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/sample.reference/i18n/index.html

hozawa's picture

Thank you Hozawa for the reply.

I opened the link sent and read the elements, but i still don't understand how to make this work...

I use ireport through a software (Manhattan Associates WMS) and it's based on a Linux server. Are they anything things to install on a linux server to make it work ? what are the folders and files needed ?

How to fix the language to use during the execution of the report...? the language to use is given by each record retrieved in the query....so each page could be in a different language if there is one page per record.

Fred

frederic.lancial's picture
Feedback