We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Count Number of presents,Number of Absents and overall present percentage.

sumithnangunuri

hi,

I want to calculate number of presents,absents and over all present persentage.

I had started creating a report using cross tab,need to perform the calculations for number of presents,absents and present persentage.

My sample query is like,

select std.rollno,std.studentname,cdate.classdate,atd.curr_attnd_roster_attendance,
 CASE
           WHEN atd.curr_attnd_roster_attendance = 'Present' THEN 'P'
           WHEN atd.curr_attnd_roster_attendance = 'Absent' THEN 'A'
           ELSE 'unknown'
  END AS Attendance

from studentdetails as std,classdate as cdate,curr_attnd_roster atd

Created a report using crosstab and got strucked in counting the number of presents,absents.

Variables I have used to create a below report,

$V{rollno},$V{studentname},$V{classdate},$V{attedance}

Sample data displays as,

Rollno      StudentName   05/03   06/03   07/03    08/03   09/03   Presents    Absents      Persentage

1122           Raghu                   P           P             A             P           A            ?                 ?                    ?

1123           Suresh                  A           A            P              P            P           ?                  ?                    ?

1124           Rajesh                 P            P             A            A           A            ?                  ?                     ?

What I need is,

Rollno      StudentName   05/03   06/03   07/03    08/03   09/03   Presents    Absents      Persentage

1122           Raghu                   P           P             A             P           A            3                 2                    60%

1123           Suresh                  A           A            P              P            P           3                  2                    60%

1124           Rajesh                 P            P             A            A           A            2                  3                     40%

Guys please help me as I am finding difficult to perform calculation where I need to count  the number of presents,absents and present persentage.

To perform the calculation I need to know what are the variable should I create , what are the variable expressions should I write and how to use those variables to make my need satisfy.

Please help me in sharing the procedure for performing the count values and persentage calculation.

Thank's in advance.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic