We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can I solve this problem of continuity of a detail (line) in another page?

mths.brn
Go to solution Solved by szaharia,

I want to print until the bottom on every page if needed and in the next page the continuation of the cells that exceed the previous page. I've accomplished this. The problem is, for the cells with content only on the previous page, there're no borders in the next page leaving a blank space every time this happen. 
I've shuffled between all options of Stretch Type, Detail Overflows, and  Stretch With Overflow and no result. I hate to ask questions in community forums because documentation should cover everything about the program, but it's almost useless for me.  
The first image shows that everything works fine...

https://pasteboard.co/HqMmINF.png

Unless it has to continue to another page: 

https://pasteboard.co/HqMoBjG.png

PS: The content is blurred because I work with sensitive stuff. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The following workaround should help: for each textfield in the detail section place an empty frame with borders, having the same x, y, width and height as the textfield. Set isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="true" for the frame:

<frame>    <reportElement stretchType="ContainerHeight" x="150" y="0" width="100" height="30" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="true"/>    <box>        <topPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <leftPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <bottomPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <rightPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>    </box></frame><textField>    <reportElement stretchType="ContainerHeight" x="150" y="0" width="100" height="30"/>    <box>        <topPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <leftPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <bottomPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>        <rightPen lineWidth="1.0" lineStyle="Solid" lineColor="#000000"/>    </box>    <textFieldExpression><![CDATA["text content"]]></textFieldExpression></textField>

Note that the textfield is placed as standalone and not enclosed into the frame.
Also, the <box> element in the textfield should be kept for getting accurate results when using grid exporters (Excel, ODS, etc).