We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Each row of subreport corresponding with row of main report

i.zigi

Hello,

I have main report with data source, which returns more then one row. 

ID: 1, name: xxx, adress: yyy

ID: 2, name: zzz, adress: aaa

then I have subreport with data source, which also returns more then one row.

ID: 1, product: bbb

ID: 2, product: ccc

I need connect in report both information together always in one detail. So in one page will be information: 1, name: xxx, adress: yyy + 1, product: bbb, and second page will be 2, name: zzz, adress: aaa + 2, product: ccc.

Now jasper generate report like this: 1, name: xxx, adress: yyy + 1, product: bbb, in next page only 2, product: ccc, and last page only 2, name: zzz, adress: aaa + empty subreport.

I have group on detail in main report on ID. I tried pass parametr to subreport, but nothings work.

Thank for any helps

Ivo

<pre data-fulltext="" data-placeholder="Překlad" dir="ltr" id="tw-target-text">  </pre>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your main report you have to have a parameter set for each subreport.  This is kind of confusing because there are two different types of parameters.  In Outline | Parameters, these are the parameters that come IN to the master report.  In Outline | Title | Subreport | Subreport click the "Edit Parameters" button to set up parameters that come from your master report and are given to the sub report.  For example I have added a parameter Named ID with Expression $F{ID} .  This gets the ID from my master report and passes it to the name "ID" in my sub-report.  Then in the sub-report you use this parameter in a WHERE clause like: WHERE ID = $P{ID}   This selects only sub-report records that match the primary report records.  So when the master report is run it loops thru it's data source getting each record one at a time.  It passes the ID to the sub-reports.  The each sub report returns just the records for that record. 

Tip:  1) You must save your sub-reports (with ^S or File | Save) after editing them, and before running the master report!  Otherwise any edits to them won't be seen by the master report.

Hope this helps.