We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Output to Host File System - Enter a valid path.

dale.page

Hi,

I have searched high and low for answers so am asking for some pointers as to what I may be doing wrong.

Environment: Jasper Reports Server 6.4.2 Community Edition running on Amazon Linux using Tomcat 7.0.76-3.amzn2, Java 1:1.8.0.161-0.b14.amzn2

Also installed is s3fs-fuse.

Desired behaviour: Schedule report to be run and the output stored in an Amazon AWS s3 bucket for further processing by for example a triggered Lambda Fuunction

Current Status:

1. s3 bucket successfully mounted in linux file system and able to browse/upload/download files using operating system command line and WinSCP. 
  2. All permissions from /mnt down set (temporarily is the plan) to rwxrwxrwx
  3. JasperReports user has ROLE_Administrator
  4. Output to Host File System enabled, and can check the checkbox.
  5. Enter full path to directory  eg /mnt/s3/......
  6. When I try to save the schedule I get an error on the Output to Host File System text box of "Enter a valid path"
  7. Try using any other File System Directory with rwxrwxrwx settings - (i.e. not an s3fs-fuse mount) same result "Enter a valid path"

I am sure I must have an error somewhere in my configuration but I just can't find any further information than setting "enableSaveToHostFS" to true, which I have done and based on being able to check that option in scheduler appears to be working.

This ticket (https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/1045436/version-621-output-host-file-system-option-not-working) appears to have similar problem which they felt was a permissions issue but don't say how they finally solved it. Any pointers as to what permissions where I might need to look at would be very gratefully received.

Thank you

Dale

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally managed to get the Report Sever to write to tmp directory - it was just permissions and I am going to use a bash scriptin chron job to move the files to s3. However if anybody can supply any suggestions for getting the fuse mounted bucket to work I would like to hear.

Thanks

Dale