Is there any known bug about Font extensions not working with most recent version of jasper Server 6.4? I created report which was working fine but after the upgrade to 6.4 font extension is not recognized and now Chinese characters are not printed when I export it to PDF. On the screen in HTML view everything works as intended. I used Arial Unicode MS font added it in Window>Preferences>jaspersoft studio>fonts and then exported to create jar and that Jar is added to build Path and also included as Resource in the jaspersoft report on jaspersoft server.
I have another sever available which has not yet been upgraded and if I put in the same report with same font extension, it is working fine and exports Chinese characters as intened into PDF.
There were some changes to font extensions a couple of versions back. For example, you no longer have to use the PDF settings and you can make font sets, which can support multiple font families based on language (for example).
I am not familiar with earlier versions of font handling, so I don't know if this was always true:
When you use font extensions in a report, the font extensions are not automatically available on the server. You
need to export your font extensions as a jar and upload them to the server. For reports in HTML, add the jar to
the server classpath and enable font support in jasperreports.properties. For reports in PDF, add the jar to the
report as a resource.
It might be worth checking out the 6.4 documentation for fonts:
Thank you for your reply.
As you can see in my initial post, everything that you mentioned (adding font, exporting it to jar, making it available as resource etc. ) is done and it is working in 6.3 version but after the upgrade to 6.4 it stopped. This is my problem. Before I post any question I always check documentation available online (the one you referenced) and also the one available in jaspersoft studio (I think it is the same when you press on question mark).