Hi! I am looking for any advice or help on installing and setting up the Jasper Suite (community) of products with MySQL. Mostly looking forward to embedding the reports, within our custom ERP we are developing. I have intermediate knowledge (more on the report generating side of JasperSoft, and coding). I have never installed it on my own, and reading the documentation just makes me ask more questions and feel very overwhelmed.
I am finding this solution for a small growing business, it seems like Jasper. if implemented correctly, will add so much value to our company. Now I just need to find out how to!
Please lend any advice on how you started with Jasper, which products you installed and find useful. A plus if anyone is near the Cleveland, OH area that I could work with.
In order to answer your question, some more information is needed.
- are you using any database currently for the ERP system that you are developing ? If yes, then it would be super awesome. otherwise you need to extract the information from your ERP using ETL tools and process it for generating reports. This is where Jaspersoft ETL comes into picture
- Jasper server community installation is pretty simple and can be done with an
- executable - check this guide https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-inst... (or)
- through war file installation for more configuration options. this would require some time and resources
- if this a consulting opportunity, please let me know I can provide some references
Yes - I am using a MySQL database , hosted by siteground. And Yes, a consulting opportunity. I am in a time crunch, and I believe consulting would be the most effeciant way, to get this up and running ASAP.
Also, the link the PDF isn't loading
Thank you in advance for your help!
Visualize.js is the propreitary framework from Jasper. it is available through commercial editions only.
The community editions can make use of HTTP api through REST calls and show simple reports on the web apps.