We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can I make a Table with that structure?

guillaumeharvey8

Hi, I just started using jaspersoft Studio and I'm unable to achieve the structure I need for my report. The Datasource I use contains an ArrayList of HouseholdInfo, which contains 8 strings (HouseholdId, householdAddress, name, address, city, province, postalcode and phone number)

I need the data to be organise in a table in that maner:

Household #1   |  HHAddress

Name  |   Address   |   City   |    Province   |   Postal Code   |   Phone Number

Name  |   Address   |   City   |    Province   |   Postal Code   |   Phone Number

-----------------------------------------------Empty Line-----------------------------------------------

Household #2   |   HHAdsress

...........................................................................................................

I tried multiple ways to do it in Jaspersoft Studio but I always end up printing only the household, just the customers or every customer under one household.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may be able to do this purely with tables:

http://www.helicaltech.com/create-a-row-grouping-in-table-component-jasper-report/#.WZkaZVGGPIU

But a simpler method would be to just create a group in your report, where a group consists of the household name and address, and put your table in the detail band that displays name | address | city etc etc etc. of the people you're displaying for each household. Japser has a wizard built in when you create a new report where you can define both the query and the groups, and it will generate the code to reflect that structure