We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Could you explain me XML Data Source and Subreports example?

ftkjba

Hello all,

I want to create a report with a subreport with XML Data Source in Jaspersoft Studio. I was trying to copy example from the chapter XML Data Source and Subreports, but I have empty subreport area.
subreports examples nwork

Could you explain me my mistake?

The listing of the files is shown below:
xml_addressbook.jrxml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            [/code]

xml_addresses.jrxml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                                                                                                                                                        [/code]

complex_addressbook.xml

Davolio      Nancy      davolio1@sf.net      davolio2@sf.net              Music        Sport                    Fuller      Andrew      af@test.net      afullera@fuller.org              Cinema        Sport                        Leverling      leverling@xyz.it              Peacock      Margaret      margaret@foo.org              Food        Books                        [/code]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the answer.
I have added isRemoveLineWhenBlank attribute into xml_addressbook.jrxml --> detail --> subreport --> reportElement and after that I got the folowing result:
subreports examples nwork2

I think the report does not pass the data into the subreport that is why subreport has nothing to display.

Thank sanbez for the answer.
I have done what you wrote at office place, and got the right number of rows, but the hobby field is empty in each row. I created "JasperReports project" in Eclipse with the Jaspersoft Studio 6.4.0 plugin at home. I added files described in the question and I had got the worked fine example. When my holiday will be finished I'm going to understand the difference between home and office environment. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...