Advice needed for very simple reports

Hi all,

Firstly, my requirement is really simple, my budget is zero sadly and I know very little about Jaspersoft or Jasperreports and the funcyionality looks immense.

I have built an OpnCart shop for a client which uses a mysql database hosted on a linux server.

I need to create 6-10 very simple reports for the client to run each day.

they will use a query but mainly be two table joins maybe three: I can write the sql and check it in phpadmin....

but i need the client to run these reports...

Ive been told by a support guy from Tibco that i cannot create adhoc stuff in JasperServer unless i signup to a license....

so my question is... can i use anything in the jaspercommunity stuff to design write and test the reports and how do i deploy to a customer over a browser?

many many thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction

thanks

george

george_17's picture

2 Answers:

You can create reports using a community version of the Jaspersoft Studio and publish them to a community version of the server.  The report interface is more complex (and more powerful) and less intuitive, and there are a few things that aren't supported, but it is possible.  

For more information, see the Studio manual

https://community.jaspersoft.com/system/files/restricted-docs/jaspersoft...

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-u...

For information about connecting to the server & publishing, see this chapter

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-u...

elizam's picture

thanks that is REALLY useful...

Im trying to create a datasource to a mysql database so used

jdbc:mysql://91.208.99.2:1187/themeats_01

and added user password ... all checked as ok and working

i get a test connection error

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver cannot be found by net.sf.jasperreports_6.4.0.final
 at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.getConnection(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:173)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:128)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.data.AbstractDataAdapterService.test(AbstractDataAdapterService.java:122)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.wizard.AbstractDataAdapterWizard$3.runOperations(AbstractDataAdapterWizard.java:156)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.utils.jobs.CheckedRunnableWithProgress$1.run(CheckedRunnableWithProgress.java:51)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver cannot be found by net.sf.jasperreports_6.4.0.final
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:461)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:372)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:364)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:161)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
 at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRClassLoader.loadClassForRealName(JRClassLoader.java:174)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.getConnection(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:145)
 ... 5 more

anyone explain how to fix this>

george_17's picture
Feedback