Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper reports property with condition / dynamic text forecolor

dunham

I have a simple text field in a subreport.

Goal: Apply "propertyExpression" for "Forecolor" only when the parameter "evenRow" is 1

Following does not work but I gave it a try...

<textField>  <reportElement key="" mode="Transparent" x="108" y="1" width="76" height="13">    <propertyExpression name="net.sf.jasperreports.style.forecolor">        <![CDATA[$P{evenRow}.equals("1") ? $P{colorZebra1_text} : ""]]>    </propertyExpression>  </reportElement>  <textElement><font fontName="SansSerif" size="8"/></textElement>  <textFieldExpression>"Text"</textFieldExpression></textField>[/code]

Context: The parent report calls this! subreport which contains the textfield multiple times (illustrated in attached image). Each time it is called the parent report sends the parameter "evenRow" as either 1 or 0...

//snipped from parent report to show that "evenROW" is 1 or 0($V{REPORT_COUNT}.intValue() % 2 == 0 ?   1 :    0)[/code]

Question: How can I create a propertyExpression for the dynamic "Forecolor" that only comes to effect when my parameter "evenRow" is set to 1 ?

enter image description here

Note: I am aware I could use conditional styles -> The problem with styles in general is that they are never dynamic, i.e. I would have to create 1 style for every single color that 'could' be set ...and because the color can be set to whatever hex value this is not an option.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days