We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connection to Sybase with TLS

sagmljohn

I'm a report designer and I now need to connect with SQL Anywhere for development.  MySQL is all over the forums but, alas, I just get Sybase. We use central and local DBs, but both are connected through TLS. Here is as far as I can get:

JDBC Driver:       net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

Url:            jdbc:jtds:sybase//localhost/[my local SQL Anywhere service name]

Sysbase provides some jars in its java directory -- and I've tried jodbc.jar and sajdbc.jar -- I don't think it makes a difference. I only get "connection refused".

I'm sure it is security, but I'm not sure if it is some kind or URL parameter or something in the Connection Properties tab that are never talked about. I need to get the TLS type (RSA) and the trusted certificate location to this but I'm not seeing that info anywhere. Doe's anyone else use TLS Sybase connection?

Thanks,

-- John

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind. I thought I needed all the security info in the URL or as parameters but I kept changing the port # to what I thought the service was using. The default port for jconnect url syntax was what I needed. Also, downloading a conn4.jar failed getting the metadata but just changing the driver path to jdbc3 and using the conn3 that came with out Sybase did the job.