Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Print When Expression acts different when scheduled vs run on server

greg_20

Hi all,

I have the following expression on a subreport "Print When Expression":    

$P{Show_Customer_Synopsis}==Boolean.TRUE

This works fine when running the report on Jasper Server and shows/hides the subreport as desired, based on the selection of a checkbox.

The issue I am having is that when I schedule the report to run, using JASPER SERVER/Scheduled Jobs, the subreport does not show/hide based on the selected parameter value.  It does not show at all.

The parameter checkbox does show when I make the schedule and all the other base subreports will run and (in this case) attach to an e-mail properly.

If I remove the "Print When Expression" and leave it blank the sub report does display in the resulting e-mail attachment.

Am I using an incorrect statement for the "Print When Expression"?  

Is there a server setting that would affect the handling of the "Print When Expression"?

Any insite would be appreciated.

thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the suggestion hozawa, but I have set the parameters via the parameters tab.

When I check the {Show_Customer_Synopsis} parameter (checkbox) on the scheduled report, and run the schedule, it does not include the associated subreport, but if I run the same report from the library of jasper server (selecting the checkbox) it does include the sub report.

I can't help but think it has something to do with the "Print When Expression" handling since if I have no "Print When Expression" then it will include the subreport in the scheduled output.  Currently I use the expression:  $P{Show_Customer_Synopsis}==Boolean.TRUE