Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Tool Tip When Mouse Over Report Name

katherine.vierra
Go to solution Solved by reportdev,

I know you can enter tooltips inside a report and on the input controls, etc, but was hoping to be able to enter a tooltip on the report name as shown on the main Reports menu which lists all reports.   For example, you would mouse over a report name from the list and it would give you a tooltip regarding the report contents to help the user better select the report they need to run.    I realize I could use the description field for this, but thought tooltips may allow more characters.

I am using Studio and JS 6.1

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,
You must understand that tooltips are available on Images, text fields, charts, etc but not on Static Fields. So make sure that your report name is a Text field enclosed in double quotes.
For example, if my report name is Data Distribution, the text field will look like below;

S1.PNG.17946a1eb7744dc07efb15a2fda5bff2.PNG

Then follow the below steps;
1) Right Click on the text field and select Hyperlink.
2) You will notice the below dialog box;

s3.PNG.24a2d95c7b66b288c87788534ffa2cc9.PNG

3) Enter the fields as selected above.

Result:

s4.png.e460c6ae5a69daea3343e20495934356.png

Please be advised, I am using iReport designer and in case you are using Studio, I am pretty sure the setting may not be very different apart from the fact that hyperlink would be available in the side bar properties.
Also, The reason why I selected "Hyperlink Type" as "Reference" is because I wanted a curson pointer (not visible in the screenshot). 

Regards,
KKriplani