JasperReport 6.2.2 with pl/sql

I know this has been asked many times, but the syntax has changed in 6.2.2.

I have a report that hits Oracle with a pl/sql procedures and runs fine in the Eclipse Report Designer, so the report works.

When I try to run it as a Java Web Application i get the famous error:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: No query executer factory registered for the 'plsql' language.

Many places on the web I see to add the lines

jasperReport.setProperty( "net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.plsql"  
                     ,"com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory");
JRProperties.setProperty( JRQueryExecuterFactory.QUERY_EXECUTER_FACTORY_PREFIX+"plsql"
                     ,"com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory");

However these do not work for 6.2.2, there is no class called com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory

JRProperties has been dropped , and  JRQueryExecuterFactory has been depricated.

Also we don't need jasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.jar anymore (do we?) as there is a class called net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory

I tried this below...

jasperpreport.setProperty( "net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.plsql"  
                     ,"net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory");

JasperReportsContext jasperReportsContext = DefaultJasperReportsContext.getInstance();
             JRPropertiesUtil jrPropertiesUtil = JRPropertiesUtil.getInstance(jasperReportsContext);
            jrPropertiesUtil.setProperty(QueryExecuterFactory.QUERY_EXECUTER_FACTORY_PREFIX+"plsql", "net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory");

but I get an errror

error preparing statement for executing the report query:

{call TIMESHEET.WEEKSUM_HOURS(?,?,?,?)}

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createStatement(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:478)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:295)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:1129)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:696)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type: 2000
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getInternalType(OracleStatement.java:4369)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseReportFiller.setParameters(BaseReportFiller.java:437)

Thanks for any help.

mosl31's picture

4 Answers:

With 6.2.2 you don't need to configure the PL/SQL query executer in any way, it is there by default.

Regarding the Invalid column type: 2000 error, please post the the report query and parameters, the procedure declaration and the DB and JDBC driver versions.

Regards,

Lucian

lucianc's picture

Hello,
Thanks for looking at this. When I compiled as a jar it worked but when I added
the maven-war-plugin to deploy a war to tomcat I started having these problems.
It all works fine in the report designer, I can "data preview" the pl/sql output and the war file compiles without error.

<parameter name="GN_CONTRACT_ID" class="java.lang.Integer" isForPrompting="false">
            </parameter>
    <parameter name="GN_MONTH" class="java.lang.String" isForPrompting="false">
    </parameter>
    <parameter name="GN_YEAR" class="java.lang.Integer" isForPrompting="false">
            </parameter>
    <parameter name="ORACLE_REF_CURSOR" class="java.sql.ResultSet" isForPrompting="false"/>
    <parameter name="GN_RPTNUM" class="java.lang.String" isForPrompting="false">
        <parameterDescription><![CDATA[Invoice Number]]></parameterDescription>
        <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA["30"]]></defaultValueExpression>
    </parameter>
    <queryString language="plsql">
        <![CDATA[{call TIMESHEET.WEEKSUM_HOURS($P{GN_CONTRACT_ID},$P{GN_MONTH},$P{GN_YEAR},$P{ORACLE_REF_CURSOR})}]]>
    </queryString>

------------------------------------
I am using ojdbc7.jar from the oracle 12.1 instant client.
I am using a 12.1.0.2 oracle database

-----------------------------------
create or replace
    PROCEDURE WEEKSUM_HOURS (
      P_CONTRACT_ID IN NUMBER,
      P_MONTH IN VARCHAR2,
      P_YEAR IN NUMBER,
      NEW_HOURS OUT SYS_REFCURSOR) IS

BEGIN

open NEW_HOURS for
    select b.work_dates WORK_DATES,b.sumhours SUMHOURS,a.rate RATE,RATE * SUMHOURS DOLLAR_TOTAL
    from timesheet.contracts a,(
    select to_char(startweek, 'Month DD, YYYY') || ' - ' || to_char(endweek, 'Month DD, YYYY') WORK_DATES,SUMHOURS,CONTRACT_ID
    from (
    select contract_id,sum(hrs) sumhours,min(work_date) startweek,max(work_date) endweek,week_num
    from (
    select contract_id,hrs,trunc( work_date ,'D') start_date,work_date,
    ceil(( 7+(trunc( work_date ,'D')-trunc(work_date,'MON')) )/7) || to_char(work_date,'MONYYYY') week_num
     from timesheet.hours_day_id
    )
    where contract_id = P_CONTRACT_ID
    group by contract_id, week_num
    order by startweek
    )
    where to_char(startweek,'MON') = P_MONTH
    and to_char(startweek,'YYYY')= P_YEAR ) b
    where a.contract_id = b.contract_id
    order by work_dates;

END;

------------------------------

java.sql.Connection jasperConnect = trackerService.getConnect();

LOGGER.info("Finding the report");
JasperReport reporte = (JasperReport) JRLoader.loadObjectFromFile(getServletContext().getRealPath("rpt/invoice.jasper"));

/ *I had to add these lines */

JasperReportsContext jasperReportsContext = DefaultJasperReportsContext.getInstance();
 JRPropertiesUtil jrPropertiesUtil = JRPropertiesUtil.getInstance(jasperReportsContext);
 jrPropertiesUtil.setProperty("net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.plsql", "net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory");

Map<String, Object> parametros = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            parametros.put("GN_RPTNUM", request.getParameter("reportnumber"));
            parametros.put("GN_YEAR", Integer.valueOf(request.getParameter("reportyear")));
            parametros.put("GN_MONTH", request.getParameter("reportmonth"));                               
            parametros.put("GN_CONTRACT_ID", Integer.valueOf(request.getParameter("reportcontractid")));

JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(reporte, parametros,jasperConnect);

LOGGER.info("Sending the file to pdf");
            JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdfStream(jasperPrint,out);

mosl31's picture

The line numbers from the stacktrace that you posted (at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createStatement(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:478) .. at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:295)) do not correspond to the 6.2.2 sources.

Could you confirm that you are using a JasperReports 6.2.2 jar downloaded from sourceforge.net or via maven?

lucianc's picture

That was it. I found a older version of Jasper (6.2.0) in one of the eclipse temp directories that I had put in my pom.xml by mistake a while ago and eclipse did not clean  out.  I deleted it and  all working now.

Thanks again for your help

mosl31's picture
Feedback
randomness