Jaspersoft ETL is a branded version of the Talend ETL product. ETL is a common requirement for BI projects. That is why we offer a branded version of Talend ETL with our product offering, giving our users this feature without requiring them to obtain 2 different licenses from 2 vendors.
Now, Added Value for Jaspersoft ETL
Jaspersoft is a great product, specifically oriented to front-end consumer users. This means that for some activities such as scheduling, for example, we give very basic support. Jaspersoft ETL could fill this gap providing a set of components to interact with your JasperReports Server instance. This is the idea behind this project.
Curious? Test it out!
Check this page for detailed info to get you started: Get the Jaspersoft ETL Plugin
Jaspersoft ETL Plugin
Is an easy way to ship a set of components in Jaspersoft ETL giving you a GUI interface to interact with JasperReports Server WebServices for all kind of back-end requirements.
- Interact with JasperReports Server directly in your job easily
- Just drag and drop the component you are interested in and put the jrs url, username and password. And it simply works!
- Behind the scenes a REST call is made, leveraging our great Java Rest Client.
- Talend ETL, similar to studio, uses a set of components in a Palette
- There is a large variety of Components for different purposes
- To build a component, it is not needed to build java code (javajet)
- There is an XML to configure the behavior of the component and the configuration you will have access to, etc..
- You can create a new component and add it on the TalendForge Commuity
Talend is Eclipse based and uses plugins to extend its capabilities. This means we can build a plugin to contain all our component to ship them easily.
Benefits of building a plugin for Talend
- Keep all your components together
- Easier to share and deliver
- Easier to centralize common resources (jar,images,..)
- Advanced customizations (javajet)
See this page for more details: Create a Talend Plugin
Create Organization Structure
- Create the Organization and users and roles driven by anything (a query, an XML …)
- Very useful for SoftwareAsAService application
- Manage User roles and attributes without customizing JasperReports Server security
Handle Import – Export with an ETL job
- Export your JasperReports Server repository
- for back up purpose
- for SAAS customers (usually using Multi-Tenancy feature) to clone an organization template, including canned reports, anytime they have a new customer
- This is not easy in JasperReports Server and requires the user to manually modify the export zip content in order to change the organization name
- Storing the export somewhere on an FTP server, or in the cloud (Amazon S3 as example. Talend has a specific component for that, ready to be used)
- Run automatically every night
- Sending an email at the end of process
Have a question?
You can post a question to our Question and Answer Forum.