Planet Jaspersoft

August 17, 2015

This is an error which you get while exporting the data from the Jasperserver in the Excel Format.

Something of this sort

For resolving this you should check some of these errors:

1. Number to string cast exception:
This means that a number is wrongly appended to a string in which wrongly cast number into string.
In order to fix this, you will have to use the command as

new DecimalFormat("##,#0.00").format(number).toString()
This will cast your number into two decimal places with the thousand separator.

2. Another error that can be checked is of any other cast errors, or formatting of the data in the report.

Cheers!!

August 17, 2015

May 21, 2015

I’m really trying to get the hand of Java and Java related coding. Spring was high on my list of tools I needed to get at least a basic understanding of. The idea the beans just didn’t seem to click for me. Lucky for me I came across these videos that really helped me out a lot! https://www.yo...

May 21, 2015

May 20, 2015

JasperReports Server 6.1 is just around the bend and I was able to spend sometime with the beta. Along with the many new cool features is this new JSON data source. Using this data source you can connect to JSON documents on the web, or in my example, stored in the repository. I’ve put togethe...

May 20, 2015

April 22, 2015

It’s common to want to have a different page show up when you log into JRS. Normally when I speak about JRS I explain that certain users my rather see a dashboard directly after logging into JRS rather then the default home page. This short post will show you how to make this happen. In this exam...

April 22, 2015

April 8, 2015

Along with the many projects I seem to pull myself into I feel the need to start another! Working with Jaspersoft (a Java based application) really has pushed me to the point where I feel some level of Java programming skills would be helpful. I was trying to follow this article on how to create ...

April 8, 2015

February 24, 2015

Wanted to post from my phone what my workstation looks like when at a hotel. Kind of cool actually! Using an AT&T wifi to get to the internet. Works pretty good!  As always my trusty MacBook Pro :-) Next to that is my, just as trusty, iPad Air acting as a second monitor. I found this app cal...

February 24, 2015

So what I chose to do was go a head and start building a wrapper class around the Jasperserver REST API to make it easier to make calls. Below is a quick screen shot of a REST call to search the repo for something. I’ve stubbed out all the possible parameters you can send in to this resource which should make it a lot easier to place more complex searches. Again (and I say this again and AGAIN), I’m really not to great at programming so there are LOTS of room for impairment. Writing this with ASYNC in mind has not made it to my code. I’ll need plenty of help to clean this up but at least I can create the first pass and put together some ideas and basic structure. Here is a list of the items I plan to build out...
  • Searching for resource
  • Moving a resource
  • Deleting a resource
  • Creating a resource (starting with folders and then seeing how far I can go)
  • Finding users
  • Creating users
  • Updating users
  • Deleting users
  • Scheduling a report
  • Deleting a Scheduled report
  • Getting back a list of all scheduled reports
  • What ever else I might have forgotten to type out here :)

February 24, 2015

So what I chose to do was go a head and start building a wrapper class around the Jasperserver REST API to make it easier to make calls. Below is a quick screen shot of a REST call to search the repo for something. I’ve stubbed out all the possible parameters you can send in to this resource whic...

February 24, 2015

February 19, 2015

It’s been a little while since I posted to my blog and I wanted to show you what I have been working on. JasperReports Server is a great BI tool all around. One of the areas that it really excels is around embedding. Now that being said I thought it was time for me to start truly trying some examples out and seeing how I can embed this product inside of another app. I’m by no means a good C# coder but of all the languages that I have messed with, this is the one I know best so I’m running with it. The video that you will see along with this post is where I’m at so far. I just wanted to better learn how to use REST calls with .Net against Jasperserver. I’ll follow this up with some specific examples of things I’m working on and my progress :)

Uh oh, it looks like your embed code is broken

February 19, 2015

It’s been a little while since I posted to my blog and I wanted to show you what I have been working on. JasperReports Server is a great BI tool all around. One of the areas that it really excels is around embedding. Now that being said I thought it was time for me to start truly trying some exam...

February 19, 2015

Pages

Feedback