Planet Jaspersoft

August 21, 2012

I have spoken with about 40 IT Leaders this year about NoSQL technologies. I’ve either been tasked with assessing fit, education, bringing in a technology appropriately or just conversation and thoughts about NoSQL. The usual first reaction is one of concern or possibly indifference.

read more

August 21, 2012

I have spoken with about 40 IT Leaders this year about NoSQL technologies. I’ve either been tasked with assessing fit, education, bringing in a technology appropriately or just conversation and thoughts about NoSQL. The usual first reaction is one of concern or possibly indifference.

read more

August 21, 2012

July 31, 2012

As information projects charge forward to keep up with user demand, the presence of information security is looming stronger than ever. While there is still the desire by Development to push forward unabated, more scrutiny than ever has been placed on projects to identify security risks and address them. Often an afterthought of the past, today these are serious project requirements.

read more

July 31, 2012

As information projects charge forward to keep up with user demand, the presence of information security is looming stronger than ever. While there is still the desire by Development to push forward unabated, more scrutiny than ever has been placed on projects to identify security risks and address them. Often an afterthought of the past, today these are serious project requirements.

read more

July 31, 2012

July 25, 2012

Every two weeks or so on a project operating with SCRUM, the team will go through a variety of exercises. One is a retrospective on the sprint that is ending. We want to know what went right, what went wrong and challenge our guiding principles for the project. Another exercise is planning the next sprint. As project owner, I will have already done extensive prework for this, reviewing and adding to the backlog and putting the backlog in priority order.

read more

July 25, 2012

Every two weeks or so on a project operating with SCRUM, the team will go through a variety of exercises. One is a retrospective on the sprint that is ending. We want to know what went right, what went wrong and challenge our guiding principles for the project. Another exercise is planning the next sprint. As project owner, I will have already done extensive prework for this, reviewing and adding to the backlog and putting the backlog in priority order.

read more

July 25, 2012

July 18, 2012

The 2012 Pacific Northwest Business Intelligence Summit has ended. This is the eleventh year of this annual event in a cabin setting in Grants Pass, Oregon along the Rogue River. I have been aboard for the last 10 years, only having missed the very first one - which apparently was the one to miss given the downpour that occurred. I was invited to the inaugural one, but was skeptical of the format. The Summit survived to the second, and now the eleventh, year and to say I’ve got over my skepticism would be an understatement.

read more

July 18, 2012

The 2012 Pacific Northwest Business Intelligence Summit has ended. This is the eleventh year of this annual event in a cabin setting in Grants Pass, Oregon along the Rogue River. I have been aboard for the last 10 years, only having missed the very first one - which apparently was the one to miss given the downpour that occurred. I was invited to the inaugural one, but was skeptical of the format. The Summit survived to the second, and now the eleventh, year and to say I’ve got over my skepticism would be an understatement.

read more

July 18, 2012

July 11, 2012

There are a lot of people still struggling with the question of what the big data movement means to them and to their company.  They know they have or want as much data as they can get their hands on to better understand their business, products, and customers. But what many people are still struggling with is how they can turn that data into actionable information.  With the sheer amount of data we are considering these days, it is easy to get lost in the weeds.

read more

July 11, 2012

There are a lot of people still struggling with the question of what the big data movement means to them and to their company.  They know they have or want as much data as they can get their hands on to better understand their business, products, and customers. But what many people are still struggling with is how they can turn that data into actionable information.  With the sheer amount of data we are considering these days, it is easy to get lost in the weeds.

read more

July 11, 2012

Pages

Feedback