[#5596] - Upload Error: org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException: Not Implemented

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
High
Closed
Project: Severity:
Block
Resolution:
Unable to Reproduce
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

Hi at all,

I have a problem with uploading an report with Jaspersoft Studio 6.1.1 on JasperServer 6.0.1.
This report contain 1 subreport, some input controls and a resource bundel for internationalization of the report.

In Jaspersoft Studio everything works fine. But if I want to upload the report I can choose the Resources which hve to be published. I can select the input controls which are already available at the JasperServer also I can choose the .properties file without any problems. I can choose a Data Source too, now problem at all. But if I click Finish I get an exception. "Exception, if you want to see more information look into details Reason: Not implemented" and this text below in the details window:

org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException: Not Implemented

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RESTv2ExceptionHandler.handleException(RESTv2ExceptionHandler.java:79)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.ARestV2ConnectionJersey.toObj(ARestV2ConnectionJersey.java:52)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RestV2ConnectionJersey.addOrModifyResource(RestV2ConnectionJersey.java:515)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.addOrModifyResource(ProxyConnection.java:314)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.Publish.publishResources(Publish.java:198)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.Publish.publish(Publish.java:67)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.wizard.Publish2ServerWizard$3.run(Publish2ServerWizard.java:302)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

The same problem with the Jaspersoft Studio Versions after 6.0.3
With 6.0.3 everything works. No problem with uploading.

Is there a workaround for this?

I'll try to create an example file for you, because I'm not allowed to give the original file for testing.

Kind regards
Christina

v6.1
ckampshoff's picture

9 Comments:

Hi again,

I tried to create a report sample so that someone can look after this. But If I try to reproduce the error it hadn't happen. The uploading worked fine. With my .properties files I use on your production system.
So I'm facing the problem to search for the origin of my problem with the uploading.

Can someone give me a hint what the mentioned error message should mean to me? Where I have to search for my problem?

Kind regards
Christina

• Resolution:Open» Unable to Reproduce
  • Assigned:nobody» chicuslavic

could you retest on the latest JSS? 6.2

we need a sample to be able to reproduce

• Assigned:chicuslavic» igadzhega
  • Assigned:igadzhega» chicuslavic
  • Priority:High» Immediate
  • Severity:Critical» Block
  • Resolution:Unable to Reproduce» Open
  • Assigned:nobody»
  • Resolution:Open» Unable to Reproduce
  • Assigned:nobody» chicuslavic

I can't reproduce this bug. Add more details if you have and reopen it.

• Priority:Immediate» High
  • Assigned:nobody»

Any solution?? I'm also facing same issue in Jasper studio version 6.9.0 and JasperReports Server version 7.5.0 while using web service as a data adapter. Kindly Help!!

Hi,
please once you re-open the bug let us know if you gave it a try with one of the more recent version of Jaspersoft Studio, like the 6.17.0. Version 6.9.0 is very old. Moreover there might have been changes occurred in JasperReports Server as well, since you are using a 7.5.0.

I personally haven't looked into this JSS/JRS bug in the past but we will need some steps to reproduce the issue.
If you re-open please attach a screencast video of the steps you are performing and/or describe them in ordered list. Also attaching files that might have lead to the exception would be great.

Thanks.
Regards,
Massimo.

Feedback
randomness