[#4461] - Just updated to JSS 6.0.4 and some Text Fields shows this warning: 'The use of PDF font is deprecated by the font extension. For more .....'

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
Normal
Closed
Project: Severity:
Minor
Resolution:
Works as Designed
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

Just updated to JSS 6.0.4 and some Text Fields shows this warning: 'The use of PDF font is deprecated by the font extension. For more .....'

Happens with Reports Units from Repository and only with some Text Fields in the Report Unit.

Updated from JSS 6.0.3.

I've been working since JSS 5.5 and never showed this message warning.

Attached screenshot for the message.

Regards,

Mariano

AttachmentSize
Image icon jss-6.0.4.pdf_fonts_error.png160.12 KB
v6.0.3
mlopez_1's picture

4 Comments:

• Resolution:Open» Works as Designed

Hi, this is the normal behavior. Some property was deprecated in JasperReports: PDF font name, PDF font size, PDF encoding. Other than this in the Jaspersoft Studio 6.0.4 was introduced a validation system that show warnings when something is wrong. In your case the warning is probably correct, the element has one of those attributes by its own or inherited, you can see this from the inheritance tab in the properties. Also in this tab you will be able to easily remove them.
If you want to hide the warnings without fix them simply go to View and uncheck "Show Errors for Elements"

The same problem, but no way to solve.
I convert jxml to jasper in Java, and this problem doesn't affect.
Though I still wanna know a solution.

• Assigned:nobody» sswidere

now.. have any solution. pls share

Just delete all the pdf font name, pdf font size, pdf encoding attributes in your jrxml file. You'll need to open up the source editor in Jaspersoft Studio to do this. I just copy and paste the content to a text editor and just do a replace all to an empty string and paste the result back in.

Feedback
randomness