Project: Severity:
Major
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

I have a problem with Resource Bundles.
Everytime I try to run a report in Jaspersoft Studio (from Vversion 6.16.0 on) I get the following error:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale de_DE
at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportController.fillReport(ReportController.java:553)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportController.access$18(ReportController.java:528)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportController$1.run(ReportController.java:446)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale de_DE
at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRResourcesUtil.loadResourceBundle(JRResourcesUtil.java:617)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRResourcesUtil.loadResourceBundle(JRResourcesUtil.java:499)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.loadResourceBundle(JRFillDataset.java:606)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setParameterValues(JRFillDataset.java:643)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseReportFiller.setParameters(BaseReportFiller.java:455)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:585)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseReportFiller.fill(BaseReportFiller.java:414)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:826)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:61)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AbstractThreadSubreportRunner.run(AbstractThreadSubreportRunner.java:221)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In Version 6.9.0 it works fine. From Version 6.16.0 on it doesn't work. The Upload of the reports including a Resource Bundle up to the Jasperserver doesn't work either. It just loads the report (jrxmls) and the parameters. The Resource Bundle is skipped and I have to add them by hand to the report on the Jasperserver.

Have I to add the Resource Bundle somewhere?

v6.18.1
ckampshoff's picture

7 Comments:

Hi,
can you please specify if you are having problems publishing a report to JRS with the latest 6.18.1 released?
Because I've tried on my machine and it worked fine, proposing the two properties files that get correctly uploaded. Moreover I can run the JRS report correctly from within Studio or JRS itself via browser.

If possible, share your sample report + properties file and/or register a screencast illustrating the issue.

Note: if you want to (re)force the .properties file publishing, be sure that the "Publish strategy" selected is "Overwrite".

Regards,
Massimo.

AttachmentSize
Image icon publishingjrswithmessages.png203.66 KB

Hi,
thanks for your fast response.
If I run a report in Jaspersoft Studio 6.18.1, I get an error that the properties file can't be found. If I copy the properties file into the same folder in which the jrxml of the report is, everything works fine like Running the report in the Studio as well as uploading to the Server. But if I don't copy the Resource file into the reports folder, it doesn't work neither running the report in the Studio nor the uploading to the Server.
Have I to tell the Jaspersoft Studio somewhere in the preferences window where my Resource files are placed in the file system? I did it in "Jaspersoft Studio" -> Resource Folders Location" -> "Custom Visualisation".
Up to Version 6.15.0 everything works fine.
When I'm talking about problems at uploading to the Server, I mean by that that the properties files aren't shown up in the uploading window.

Kind regards
Christina

Attached you'll find the publishing window. Here only the Resource file is found which I copied in the reports folder. But I have 24 language properties files which I have to link to the report. By now I add every single link by hand.
In the older studio version I had all the resource files in the publishing window without copying the recourses in the report folder before.

AttachmentSize
Image icon applicationresource_problem.jpg19.2 KB

Hi, I'm not sure why you are using the "Report Folders Location" thing. Are you actually playing with the Custom Visualization Component?
I don't understand if what you configured is really needed and maybe(?) creating strange side-effects.

Here in my short screencast I tried to reproduce a set of simple steps you might be able to replicate on your side to verify that the basics functionalities are working ok.
Can you please give a look at it and confirm you can something similar with a very simple report?
The video is the following one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AtxqZWSBw0

Just in case please register a screencast on your side illustrating all the steps that you are taking.
Anyhow as you can see in the video, I used the latest 6.18.1 version.

Regards,
Massimo.

Hi, with "Report Folder Location" I mean the folder where my jrxml of the report is located.
I tried your littel test. If I put the properties files in the same folder like the jrxml of the report it works fine. If I put the properties files in a special folder, it doesn't work. And so the upload to the Jasperserver doesn't work either, because the studio doesn't find the properties files.
In my screenshot (test_for_properties) you see that when I put the properties files in the folder "TEST" everything works fine. If I delete them and only have them in the Test Resource folder it doesn't work. Even though I gave the right place in the "Resource Bundle" (see place_for_resource_bundle).
I try to place my test files in the attachment.
Kind regards
Christina

I use the 6.18.1.final version of the Jaspersoft studio

AttachmentSize
Image icon studio_version.jpg25.33 KB

Hi, one thing that I noticed looking at your sample and attached files is that the "resourceBundle" property for the JasperReports element is using "TestResource" as value. This seems to be influencing how the information are presented in the JRS publishing dialog. Can you please give it a try setting the proper name? Give a look to my screenshots attached to see the scenario I was able to reproduce locally on my dev environment.

I think I will have to talk with JR team guys in order to understand better and have a confirmation that this case-insensitiveness is fine.

Best regards,
Massimo.

Feedback
randomness