[#13601] - The table component runs extremely slow and frozen when rows are over 20

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
Immediate
Resolved
Project: Severity:
Critical
Resolution:
Fixed
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

As I say in the title, The table component runs extremely slow and frozen when rows are over 20. I'm using the standalone application, version 6.17.0,on windows 10 with the jre bundled with JSS.Also I have tried the plugin version,the result is same. I can't edit any column, the application hangs as soon as I try.
Please help me with this frustrating problem.
the attachments is my jrxml. please check.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data ywltjrep05.jrxml85.5 KB
table
bnqzzdf's picture

3 Comments:

Hi,
we will try to profile and see what we can do. Thanks.

Best regards,
Massimo.

We found some places where we can try to optimise.

Looking at your JRXML the main source of issues is the high number of groups present in the Dataset. Not sure which is the purpose of this setup on your report. Are they really needed? Just in case remove them if unnecessary. You will probably notice a temporary freeze, but after the removal the interaction with columns and operations on the selected items should be more responsive.

Unfortunately the high number of groups is directly influencing some internal operations and calculations performed. If possible try to limit their usage.

Let me know.
Best regards,
Massimo.

• Resolution:Open» Fixed

We implemented some fixes as mentioned in comment #2 in order to improve the performances and behaviour.

Feedback
randomness