Project: Severity:
Major
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Unable to Reproduce
Assigned to:

Hi,

I was using the Report Designer for a while know and never had any issues until now. Since 11.03.2019 Jaspersoft Studio throws a "java.lang.NullPointerException - An error has occurred. See error log for more details" -> Error Log: "java.lang.NullPointerException"

I've also researched in the web about this issue and i am not the only one with this kind of issue. Sadly there are no working bug fixes on the forums.

Now you might be asking: Did i change anything on the file, that i want to open? Yes i did but the Changes where minor (just making a textfield bigger). And also, a college is able to open the same file with the JasperReports Designer.

I've reinstalled Jaspersoft Studio multiple times now with no working result.

I hope I've given you enough Information to look into this issue.

Kind regards!
Erik

erik.resch's picture

2 Comments:

I guess this issue was registered previously, here --> https://community.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-studio/issues/11436

• Reproducibility:Always» Unable to Reproduce

> 11.03.2019
I thought it was still March 27, 2019. Anyways, Jaspersoft Studio may have been versioned up to 6.6.0. I've found version 6.6.0 to be unstable and is using 6.5.1 but also eclipse 19.03 + OpenJDK11 and Jaspersoft Studio plugin.

Version of Jaspersoft Studio may be found by selecting "Help' -> "About TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio" -> "Installation Details"

Feedback
randomness