New
Project: Severity:
Minor
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Random
Assigned to:

Since updating to this version (4.7.3a), I often run into trouble saving .jrxml files that are open in the editor. I think the files may actually be saved much of the time if not always, but the asterisk next to the filename on the editor tab does not go away. I can try to see if this happens more often or saves more easily with ctrl-s vs. menu, Design/Source/Preview pane, etc., and whether the file ever does not actually save.

mkolmar's picture

4 Comments:

This happens for me all the time. I end up hitting save 5 or 6 times to get the save indicator asterisk to go away. It seems slightly worse when Tomcat is running in the background.

There is a possibly related issue (no ticket for it yet) where a report re-compiles on preview to display the input parameters, and then again to view the report. The saving indicator may have an affect on triggering new re-compiles.

This is all with the latest plugin version (6.5.1), installed in an existing Oxygen.3a version of Eclipse.

I have the same problem. Tomcat is not the problem, because i haven't installed it.

This "bug" has been reported many times and for many versions, but nothing happend. I do not think that's necessarily a problem from Jasperreports. Surely another Eclipse component together with Jasperreports triggered this malfunction.

We are a team of 5 developers using Jasper Studio 6.5.1 and we all have the same issue, the reports are not always saved when clicking the toolbar save buttons or pressing Ctrl+S. Closing the tab with the report's editor will show a prompt asking to save. Choosing to save from this prompt works. We tried upgrading to the latest version of Jasper Studio (6.6.0), and we have the same issue. We did a fresh install of 6.6.0, again, same thing.

I ran into this problem, too. I immediatly looked into the log file to narrow down the problem.

This following error occured:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-11-27 11:08:58.699
!MESSAGE To avoid deadlock while executing Display.syncExec() with argument: org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.synchronize.SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler$4@41b31f6d, thread Worker-15 will interrupt UI thread.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-11-27 11:08:58.699
!MESSAGE Worker-15 thread is an instance of Worker or owns an ILock
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call stack for thread Worker-15
at sun.management.ThreadImpl.dumpThreads0(Native Method)
at sun.management.ThreadImpl.getThreadInfo(ThreadImpl.java:448)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.reportInterruption(UILockListener.java:206)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.interruptUI(UILockListener.java:176)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PendingSyncExec.waitUntilExecuted(PendingSyncExec.java:82)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:153)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4889)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.synchronize.SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.runViewUpdate(SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.java:542)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.synchronize.SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.handleChanges(SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.java:503)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.synchronize.SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.processEvent(SynchronizeModelUpdateHandler.java:237)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.BackgroundEventHandler.processEvents(BackgroundEventHandler.java:369)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.BackgroundEventHandler$1.run(BackgroundEventHandler.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-11-27 11:08:58.699
!MESSAGE UI thread waiting on a job or lock.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call stack for thread main
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Semaphore.acquire(Semaphore.java:39)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.doAcquire(OrderedLock.java:170)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:82)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:122)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:2188)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2235)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:128)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:73)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:63)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDocumentProvider.executeOperation(AbstractDocumentProvider.java:536)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider.refreshFile(FileDocumentProvider.java:985)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider.refreshFile(FileDocumentProvider.java:957)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider.handleElementContentChanged(FileDocumentProvider.java:803)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider$FileSynchronizer$1.execute(FileDocumentProvider.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider$SafeChange.run(FileDocumentProvider.java:162)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$$Lambda$15/1880102535.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:91)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

Feedback