Java version: 1.6
Application Server: Tested on both Tomcat 7.0 and Jboss EAP 6.1.
Installation method: WAR file.
I installed Jasper Report Server 5.6 on development machine through WAR file. I installed Oracle JDBC driver, Firebird JDBC driver ( http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/jdbc-driver/ ) and Teiid JDBC Driver ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/teiid/files/teiid/8.6/Final/ )
For oracle JDBC driver, there is no issue. But, for other JDBC driver that is originally not in the driver list, there is a problem after installation.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue (for Firebird JDBC):
1. Download Firebird JDBC Driver from http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/jdbc-driver/ (I used version 2.2.4)
2. Unzip the JDBC driver to just any directory.
3. Log on to Jasper Report Server.
4. Add a JDBC data source.
5. Enter Name and Resource ID.
6. For JDBC Driver, choose "Other".
7. Enter the JDBC driver class name, URL, and other required information.
8. Click "Add Driver", then upload the JDBC driver "jaybird-full-2.2.4.jar".
9. If you click the "Upload" button, the driver will be uploaded but the dialog will not disappear, you have to click "cancel" to make the dialog disappear.
10. Test the connection. Connection passed.
11. Click "save" button.
12. Select the data source you just created, then click the "edit" button.
13. You will see the driver being displayed as "NOT INSTALLED", however the connection test will success.
As you can see from the attached screenshot "jdbc_not_installed.png", the connection test passed, but the driver was displayed as "NOT INSTALLED" even though it has been installed successfully.