Following guidelines as stated in the following wiki page:
I have added the following properties to a report:
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.exclude.origin.band.1" value="pageHeader"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.exclude.origin.band.1" value="pageHeader"/>
Testing exporting inside Jasper Studio results in everything working as expected. Both file types suppress the page header, although PDF still leaves a blank space in its place. Once this report is deployed to Jasper Server we find that it works as it did in Studio for the PDF format, however the page header is not suppressed in Excel format. We cannot find any reason why this would not be working.
Additional testing for the following properties show they also do not work in Excel exporting:
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.exclude.origin.band.1" value="columnHeader"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.exclude.origin.band.2" value="pageHeader"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.exclude.origin.band.3" value="pageFooter"/>
I have attached the jrxml file that we are using to test these situations for Excel.