[#2747] - JasperServer 5.0 CE Olap View Excel Export empty cells

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
Urgent
Status:
New
Project: Severity:
Major
Resolution:
Fixed
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:
0

Hi all,

we are working with JasperServer 5.0.0 CE and currently facing a problem with the "output as excel" feature in jpivot/olap view. It occurs to us that some exported excel files contain empty cells in the last row while in the web/html/jpivot view the last line is filled with values.

It is important that not the entire last row is empty but only the rightermost part of it. But the concrete number of empty cells differ depending on the view. All other rows seem to be fine.

We found out that the error occurs only if the view shows special characters, in our case the Euro symbol (€).

The Problem persists independent from whether we use
with member [Measures].[KPI_Test] as '[Measures].[KPI_with_EURO_sign]', format_string = "Currency"
or
with member [Measures].[KPI_Test] as '[Measures].[KPI_with_EURO_sign]', format_string = "€ 0.00"

But it doesn't pop up if we use
with member [Measures].[KPI_Test] as '[Measures].[KPI_with_EURO_sign]', format_string = "0.00"
or
with member [Measures].[KPI_Test] as '[Measures].[KPI_with_EURO_sign]', format_string = "$ 0.00"

Please note that it is independent from the concrete office tool I am using (MS Excel, LibreOffice, Gnumeric).

Could you please check? Seems to me like a problem with jpivot xsl stylesheets or xls parser and the encoding.

Asking Google, I found this issue reported earlier here:
http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/535687/empty-cells-xlsexport-f...
http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/525051/excel-export-analysis-v...

Kind regards,
Steffen

v5.0.0
Steffen.Moeller_1's picture
Joined: Dec 13 2012 - 4:18am
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago

1 Comment:

#1
  • Resolution:Open» Fixed
  • Assigned:nobody»

Hi All,

we found a fix for the problem, which I want to share with all of you.

Actually, it seemed to be an encoding issue with jpivot.

If we change the encoding in the file xls_mdxtable.xsl to us-ascii, everything works as expected (Line 20).
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes" encoding="us-ascii"/>

I think this also closes the other two bugs mentioned in my posting above.

Kind regards,
Steffen

Feedback
randomness