This issue is new in JasperReports Server 7.5. It does not occur on version 7.2.
OS: Windows 10 (development PC).
Architecture: 64 bit.
JasperReports Server version: 7.5.
I uploaded a new report together with a scriptlet jar file to newly installed JasperReports Server 7.5. The report use Groovy as language. When I try to run the report an error was occurred. The error is "There was an error on the server. Please try again or contact site administrators..........".
Then, I looked at the log files. The JasperServer log file show error "java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index..........".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a scriptlet.
2. In JasperSoft studio, create a new report.
3. Set the report to use Groovy as language.
4. Add the scriptlet to the report.
5. Modify the report in anyway as you like.
6. Upload the report and the scriptlet class jar file to the JasperReports Server.
7. Run the report. You will see the error.
Attached here with a zip file. This file consist of the following files:
1. jasperserver.log - The JasperReports Server log file located in <tomcat installation directory>/webapps/WEB-INF/logs diretory.
2. "Jasper Server web error screenshot.PNG" - screenshot of the web error.
3. "TestScriptlet1.jar" - The sample scriptlet jar file.
4. "TestScriptlet1.jrxml" - The sample report jrxml file.
The sample scriptlet class name is "com.sample.scriptlets.tests.TestScriptlet1", and it only has one function Hello() which return "hello" string.
In jasperserver.log file, please don't be surprised to find another error "error closing context.....". I had created another bug report for that error.