Closed
Project: Severity:
Minor
Resolution:
Unable to Reproduce
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

We produce an Excel report with Jasper. One column is defined to be a text field with:

* Expression: $F{closingDate}
* Evaluation Time: Now
* Blank When NULL
* Strech With Overflow
* Pattern "dd.MM.yyyy"

In the model, the 'closingDate' is of type 'java.util.Date' and some values are NULL.

If you look at the attached file, you'll see something pretty interesting: Apparently empty cells aren't empty until there has been an non-empty cell. This causes formulas to no longer work, as you can't detect whether a cell is empty or not. As it's seen as non-empty, excel tries (and fails) to use that "empty" value for calculations.

Investigating the underlying XML reveals, that the non-empty empty cells contain a reference to a shared string like so:
<v>0</v>

which is defined as:
<si><t/></si>

Whereas truly empty cells have no tag at all, or (you can test this manually) an empty tag (so no shared string reference).

Is there anything that I can do about it or is it truly a bug in Jasper?

AttachmentSize
File jasper-bug.xlsx8.44 KB
v6.4.0
JasperReports
michel.jung's picture

7 Comments:

• Assigned:» shertage

Hi,
We couldn't reproduce this bug locally. See the attached JRXML file that can be run using a JREmptyDatasource with multiple records.
If possible, please post your JRXML sample file.
Thank you,
Sanda

AttachmentSize
Binary Data empty_cells.jrxml1.3 KB
File empty_cells.xlsx8.81 KB

Also, another useful information would be which Jasper version do you use in your application. Try to update it to v.6.4.1, if possible.

I am using v6.4.1. I specified v6.4.0 in the bug report since v6.4.1 is not available in the dropdown. I try to provide a jrxml.

• Resolution:Open» Unable to Reproduce

Hi,

Anything new on this one?

Thanks,
Sanda

Hi,

We provided a JRXML that works on our side, but did not yet see the JRXML that does not work on your side.
Feel free to reopen when you can provide more information.

Thanks,
Teodor

Feedback