[#8411] - MS Word + List (many tables, borders problem)

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
Urgent
Feedback Requested
Project: Severity:
Major
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Sometimes
Assigned to:

have trouble with this App & component
it's happens sometimes and i don't understand what was the cause of the problem
plz help/fix!
PS: + trouble with frames
list in frame should be shifted on 1px or more from borders

AttachmentSize
Binary Data report_edit1_part2.jrxml11.94 KB
File generatereport1.docx5.86 KB
Image icon lists.jpg124.84 KB
v6.3
Z@C's picture
Z@C

6 Comments:

• Severity:Minor» Major
  • Assigned:nobody» teodord

Hi,

I see that you are using the font "Times New Roman".
Are you sure this font is installed in the operating system and available to the JVM of the machine you are generating the report on?
I mean, this font certainly exists on Windows, where you view the DOCX file using MS Word.
But are you actually generating the report on Windows? Or we are rather talking about a server side Java application running on a Linux/Unix server, which does not have Times New Roman font installed.

Thanks,
Teodor

my jasperfonts contain it and 2-3 others

Hi,

Not sure what jasperfonts actually is, but I assume it is a font extension you created to package up the Times New Roman TTF font and 2-3 other fonts.

Unfortunately, the DOCX format is not quite a "pixel perfect" format and we cannot control content layout the way we can do in PDF, to obtain the exact same image of the document as when rendered by Java.
I suspected that if the font is missing at report fill time, some other font is used and that one has different font metrics than Times New Roman, resulting in text field heights being calculated smaller than required by this font, and this is why in DOCX, the slightly taller text cells would cause the overall page content go over the bottom edge of the page.

I would still try to check if the font is working properly as font extension for JR. There is this configuration property that controls how the JR engine reacts to a missing font:
http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/config.reference.html#net.sf.jasper...
I would put it on false (its default anyway), to make sure JR raises an exception if the font is not available at report fill time.

I hope this helps.
Teodor

Try to set style="Borders" for both list components in the report (see attached sample).

AttachmentSize
Binary Data report_edit1_part2.jrxml12.05 KB

Hi,
Anything new on this one?

Feedback
randomness