[#2439] - Report Placement - Landscape Print with a Chart

Jaspersoft Community 'Read-Only' as of July 8, 2022

Transition to New TIBCO Community Just Weeks Away

You can still search, review wiki content, and review discussions in read-only mode. Please email community@tibco.com with questions or issues requiring TIBCO review or response.

Category:
Bug report
Priority:
Low
Acknowledged
Project: Severity:
Trivial
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

Original issue moved from:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1359230&group_...

Consult the original issue for any attachments.

[ 1359230 ] Report Placement - Landscape Print with a Chart

Submitted By: PhreddNet - phreddnet
Date Submitted: 2005-11-17 11:30
Last Updated By: lucianc - Comment added
Date Last Updated: 2005-12-21 09:02
Number of Comments: 3
Number of Attachments: 0

Assigned To: Teodor Danciu
Priority: 7

Summary:
Report Placement - Landscape Print with a Chart

I have two landscape report (on paper size Letter) that has a Chart on it. When I view the report/chart using JasperViewer, the entire appears centered on the page shown on the screen. However, when I print from JasperViewer, each report moves left and down on the page (essentially not centered on the page anymore). I've tried printing this on an HP LaserPrinter and a Canon inkjet with same results.

I've created this report two different ways. The first uses JasperReport 0.6.4 and JFreeChart 0.9.21 using a scriptlet to manipulate the chart objects. I used iReport 0.4.1 to create the report xml and JRRenderable image to hold the chart. The second
method uses iReport 0.5.2, JasperReport 1.1 and JFreeChart 1.0 RC1. I used the built-in chart tool instead of the scriptlet method. Both produce the same "shifted" output.

I am using the binary/executable files from SourceForge.

PDF output does work correctly when viewed and printed.

Comments

Date: 2005-12-21 09:02
Sender: lucianc
Logged In: YES
user_id=1303298

Hi

The 1.4 printing seems to work fine. If you use Java 1.4, you could change JRViewer to print using JRPrintServiceExporter instead of JasperPrintManager as a workaround.

Regards,
Lucian

Date: 2005-11-23 05:04
Sender: teodordProject Admin
user_id=332465

Hi,

I was able to reproduce this problem. It seems to occur only with Landscape reports that have a JFreeChart on them.

Unfortunately I was not able to track it down yet, but circumstantial evidence indicate that JFreeChart might be the cause.

Thanks,
Teodor

Date: 2005-11-23 01:39
Sender: teodordProject Admin
user_id=332465

Hi,

Could you send us some sample files that would help us reproduce the problem? You could try and modify one of our chart samples to simulate your problem and attach those files to this post.

Thank you,
Teodor

No Files Currently Attached

tcloonan's picture
Feedback
randomness