We are using jasper as the reporting library in our application. We are experiencing delays in printing the reports on linux environments.
The printing of reports is taking more than 30s per report.
Following are our observations:
1. When we print the report a jrprint file is generated from jasper which is in order of 100Kb.
2. The jrprint file is processed by ghostscript and a postscript file is being created which in order of 6Mb.
3. We have also observed that jasper does this processing on a single core. We have a VM with 6 cores but only
one core is being used for processing which is also adding to the delay.
1. Is there a way by which we can make jasper run in multithreaded mode? so that the VM can handle the load.
2. Can we compress the postprocess file which is generated by ghostscript?
3. Can we pass any parameters to jasper during printing which would help fixing this issue.
4. Or are there any techniques which could be used in order to solve this issue.
We are being affected by this printing delays significantly. Any thoughts on how to get this resolved would be very helpful.