Project: Severity:
Trivial
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

Issue moved from:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1232938&group_...

Consult the original issue for any attachments.

[ 1232938 ] Default values for TextFields/Elements

Submitted By: C-Box - c-box
Date Submitted: 2005-07-05 11:15
Last Updated By: c-box - Comment added
Date Last Updated: 2005-07-12 12:58
Number of Comments: 4
Number of Attachments: 0
Group: Next Release
Assigned To: Giulio Toffoli
Priority: 5

Summary:
Default values for TextFields/Elements

Hi again,

As I do design many reports currently here a FeatureRequest that should make designing a bit faster.

1.) As I MOSTLY don't want to see "null" values, it would be great if iReport does have set the attribute "blankWhenNull" be default (or for instance set via Options-> DefaultValuesForElements-->TextFields--> BlankWhenNull =true)

2.) As I MOSTLY want that lines disappear when they are blank the "RemoveLineWhenBlank" could also be set to true be default (or for instance set via Options-> DefaultValuesForElements-->TextFields-->RemoveLineWhenBlank=true)

... and so on ...

... this would be nice basically for all attributes (color, fontsize). So when dragging a new field from FieldList to a band the element would have "MY" default
values (not the one you/JasperReport suggest by default).

What do you think?

C-Box

Comments

Date: 2005-07-12 12:58
Sender: c-box
Logged In: YES
user_id=1021972

That would be great... so it's quite the same.... although I personally would prefer defining "own" default values for elements... but the "own" objects in the library would serve the same purpose. thanks for your answer Giulio.

C-Box

Date: 2005-07-12 06:09
Sender: gt78SourceForge.net SubscriberProject Admin
user_id=616744

Hi CBox,

I'm thinking to a more generic feature that enable to select an element or a group of elements, and save it as "Custom object". This custom objects can be put in the library and the user can get it and drag it in the report instead of using standard tools.

Giulio

Date: 2005-07-12 06:06
Sender: c-box
user_id=1021972

if the default values are customizable and predefined with the standard values JasperReports says.... so I guess it's not too personal.... but If you design lots of reports it's quite annoying to change the fontsize, to make it "BlankWhenNull", to make it "float" and so on.... so you can't make it right to everyone... exactly that's why I want this feature, because then it's much more comfortable for the designers than it is now. Imagine dragging a new TextField onto a band and it's directly setted with the attributes you want by default... isn't it better than now (where you must change it everytime afterwards)??!??!?!

C-Box

Date: 2005-07-12 03:01
Sender: nobody
Logged In: NO

Don't make it to personal

No Files Currently Attached

tcloonan's picture
Feedback
randomness