New
Project: Severity:
Block
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

After creating a new data source, when trying to test it, I get a pop with the window title "Exception" and containing the description "General problem: null". I can't remember the last time I saw a message like this :-/ (I can't find any console or log messages either).

Steps:
1) Unpack the .tar.gz (on Kubuntu 12.10)
2) run it: bin/ireport
3) create a new Java Beans data source (org.openhds.report.service.impl.BeanFactory, getAllocationBeans() function)
4) tools -> options -> iReport -> classpath -> add JAR
(If you want to reproduce, download this commit [http://code.google.com/p/ihi-openhds/source/detail?r=772d5aef3743cfe4986..., build with "mvn clean install", then select the JAR in report/target)
5) select the bean source added in step 3, click modify and then click test

Maybe we'll solve this soon anyway (don't know), but I wanted to say that this probably wins the prize for the most useless message I've seen in a while!

v5.1.0
diggory.hardy's picture

1 Comment:

• Assigned:nobody»

Found this in the log, which points out the problem:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhds.report.service.impl.FieldWorkerApplicationController.getFieldWorkerAllocations(FieldWorkerApplicationController.java:87)
at org.openhds.report.service.impl.BeanFactory.getAllocationBeans(BeanFactory.java:12)
... 142 more

So maybe the message just needs to point there or output the relevant bits of the stack trace or something.

Feedback