Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Need Help (Urgent)

By: Sofiane - sofianito

Need Help (Urgent)

2002-11-07 09:40

Hi, here is my situation: I need to generate a report for the clients of a bank, the report contains 3 pages. I started to design the report which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE jasperReport PUBLIC "-//JasperReports//DTD Report Design//EN"

"http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/dtds/jasperreport.dtd">

<jasperReport bottomMargin="10" columnCount="1" columnSpacing="0" columnWidth="822"

isSummaryNewPage="false" isTitleNewPage="false" leftMargin="10" name="fondos"

orientation="Landscape" pageHeight="595" pageWidth="842" printOrder="Vertical" rightMargin="10"

topMargin="10" whenNoDataType="BlankPage">

<reportFont fontName="Arial" isDefault="true" isPdfEmbedded="false" name="Arial_Normal"

pdfEncoding="Cp1252" pdfFontName="Helvetica" size="12"/>

<reportFont fontName="Arial" isBold="true" isDefault="false" isPdfEmbedded="false"

name="Arial_Bold" pdfEncoding="Cp1252" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold" size="12"/>

<reportFont fontName="Arial" isDefault="false" isItalic="true" isPdfEmbedded="false"

name="Arial_Italic" pdfEncoding="Cp1252" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Oblique" size="12"/>

<parameter class="java.lang.String" name="clientId">

<parameterDescription>Id of the client which comes from HTML form</parameterDescription>

</parameter>

<parameter class="java.util.Date" name="reportDate">

<parameterDescription>Date of creation of the report</parameterDescription>

</parameter>

<queryString><![CDATA[sELECT * FROM clients where clientId=$P{clientId}]]></queryString>

<field name="name" class="java.lang.String">

<fieldDescription>Name of the client</fieldDescription>

</field>

Well, the main query of the report returns always one row from the database. The first page of my report contains basically the name of the client and the date of the report, til now it seems easy, but then my second page contains one paragraph (1), one chart (2) and one table (3).

(1) the paragraph is a text that is read from a text file which name is file_yyyyMM.txt where yyyyMM are respectively the year and the month extracted from the reportDate parameter.

(2) The chart is a pie that is generated from an sql query (different from the main one)

(3) The table contains one row of six cells and the value of every cell is a query to the database!

And finally the third page contains four different graphs, with every graph associated with one query.... !

Can u tell me please what would be the best way to resolv these complications?

Thanks

Sofiane

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic