We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Bug with Jaspersoft Studio UI

ddavis539

There's a bug in the jaspersoft studio editor which has been there since at least version 6.18.1 and I'm still seeing it the newest version 6.20.6.

What's happening is if I choose any element, access the properties editor and enter a value for the height, width, xpos, ypos, etc...  - after pressing enter to save that change, Jasper grays that field out and makes it read-only.  What's worse, that property is grayed out and the editor can't be used for ALL other elements on the screen.  Once this happens the only way to edit these values is to go into the source code editor and find the control and change it there (not so easy with a complicated design).

Restarting Jasper reports tool does make it editable for a single control, but then it becomes read-only again afterwards.

I've captured some screenshots showing this on a brand new form, where I changed the height of the details band to 280, and now it's read-only.  And the height on a footer band is also read-only.

I'm using a MacOS, with the M1 chip.  But my colleagues who are using an older intel based mac are experiencing the same issue.  Not being able to quickly  edit this on screen adds a ridiculous amount of extra time to our efforts to effectively use this tool for template design.  Please fix ASAP

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 12.36.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 12.36.55 PM.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images