We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Image not export in PDF

carluts95

I have developed a product catalog report that includes product data and their respective images, accessed via HTTPS links. When exporting it through JasperServer, more than 70% of the images are not exported. I increased the available memory for Java, thinking it was a memory issue, but it didn't resolve the issue. If I export the same report using Jasper Studio, it takes some time but exports with all the images.
I don't know if it has to do with the size, as on JasperServer, it remains at 20 MB, and when I export it through JasperStudio, it becomes 80 MB.

What can I do to export it with all the data?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.

It is good approach to have a look at jasperserver.log file to know about more details of error when you try to export through JasperServer.
'jasperserver.log' file can be found at location : ...\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs\
We highly recommand you to have a look at log file when you perform export operation. It should pinpoint about the error if any.

I checked the jasperserver.log file, but I couldn't find any errors related to the export process in it. However, since I'm not using the jasperserver-pro edition, I located the logs in this directory: "/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/logs".

Is there any other log file I should check for potential issues? I should mention that I'm using jasperreports-server-cp-8.1.1, which I installed earlier this year.

As you mentioned there is no error found in logs then please check the heap memory setting configured in 'setenv.bat' file under tomcat/bin folder.

Minimum heap should be more than 2 GB. Sample configuration for windows is as below :

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -Xss2m
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

Also, we request you to try with clean restart of tomcat.
Clean restart means stop the tomcat and remove the 'temp' and 'work' folder from tomcat and then restart the tomcat.
These folders will recreated during restart.

"UseConcMarkSweepGC" is java option to use garbage collector which instructs the JVM to use the Concurrent Mark-Sweep (CMS) garbage collector. The CMS collector is designed to minimize pauses during garbage collection in order to reduce application response time, making it suitable for applications where low latency is crucial.

You can try with Clean restart means stop the tomcat and remove the 'temp' and 'work' folder from tomcat and then restart the tomcat.
These folders will recreated during restart.

I tried to stop do :

1 - set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

2 - I stoped the tom cat and deleted temp and works folders

3 - I started the tom cat again.

But unfortunately didn`t work, and has no error in the logs about this report .

• 2 weeks later...

Its my Suggestion as you are calling https link to display images it will take a time as first jasper will download the those images every time when you call the report . Its better to use the images from server only.

Enable the cache option if not enabled.  try to point to images which is small in size which will load quickly and output size will also be less. 

image.png.fb7a2ae401602230bda50ee1b48ed545.png  

• 3 weeks later...