We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Studio 6.20.5 High Memory Usage on Ubuntu 22.04

khairuldroids

Hello,

I'm Kai, in need of assistance regarding the issue that i'm currently facing while designing my reports.

My report contains 1 image, 1 static text, few textfield for column header, contents, date generated, and page number.

While designing report, editing text, modify size and anything, i notice that memory usage keep increasing either 1% or 2%, until it reach 99% then system become unresponsive so i have to force turn off.

In my second attempt to design my report, i'm using Stacer to see which packages or services that use such huge memory, and i found out it was Jasper Studio.

I leave Jasper Studio configuration default at this point.

Looking forward for any assistance that anyone can give.

Thank you

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Could you please try to increase the heap memory allocation for studio.
You can do this by modifying file "Jaspersoft Studio Professional.ini" from studio installed directory from below default properties.

-Xms128m
-Xmx2048m

where -Xms is min heap memory and -Xmx is max heap memory

Additionally, you can check for the error log from studio by navigating to below path to get more details about the error.

Help --> About Tibco Jaspersoft Studio --> click on "Installation Details" --> configuration --> View error log.

Hope this will help you.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to me, after follow the instructions to increase the heap memory seems doesn't fix the issue, as memory usage arises real quick even just clicking on either textfield, image, or static text (doesn't do editing), it went from 40% to 54% within a minute.

As for error log, i only have this from the session that i've tried to:

!SESSION 2023-08-14 20:06:17.823 -----------------------------------------------eclipse.buildId=unknownjava.version=11.0.18java.vendor=Eclipse AdoptiumBootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_USCommand-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2023-08-14 20:06:25.987!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.!ENTRY com.jaspersoft.studio 1 0 2023-08-14 20:06:32.437!MESSAGE Starting JaspersoftStudio bundle - Version: 6.20.5.final!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2023-08-14 20:06:35.316!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2023-08-14 20:06:35.316!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+U:Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.occurrences.in.file.quickMenu,Show Occurrences in File Quick Menu,		Shows the Occurrences in File quick menu,		Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),		WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler("org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.occurrences.in.file.quickMenu"),		,,true),null),	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,gtk,system)Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,	ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish,Publish the file on JasperReports Server,		,		Category(org.eclipse.core.commands.categories.autogenerated,Uncategorized,Commands that were either auto-generated or have no category,true),		WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler("com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish"),		,,true),null),	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)!SESSION 2023-08-14 20:17:52.108 -----------------------------------------------eclipse.buildId=unknownjava.version=11.0.18java.vendor=Eclipse AdoptiumBootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_USCommand-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2023-08-14 20:17:59.115!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.!ENTRY com.jaspersoft.studio 1 0 2023-08-14 20:18:05.414!MESSAGE Starting JaspersoftStudio bundle - Version: 6.20.5.final!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2023-08-14 20:18:08.416!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2023-08-14 20:18:08.416!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+U:Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.occurrences.in.file.quickMenu,Show Occurrences in File Quick Menu,		Shows the Occurrences in File quick menu,		Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),		WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler("org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.occurrences.in.file.quickMenu"),		,,true),null),	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,gtk,system)Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,	ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish,Publish the file on JasperReports Server,		,		Category(org.eclipse.core.commands.categories.autogenerated,Uncategorized,Commands that were either auto-generated or have no category,true),		WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler("com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish"),		,,true),null),	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)