We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How To Link Filters Between Dashboards?

isaach_1

Hello,

I am still new to Jaspersoft and have built a dashboard that uses cascading filters in Jasper Server. If I wanted to link the cascading filter settings (Ex. Country: USA/State: California/City: San Francisco) to another dashboard, how would I do that? If that is not possible, what is a better way to implement this consistent filter selection passage between pages in data presentation?
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi  isaach_1 - would you be willing to provide me a little more information on your question?  Specifically what workflow are you seeking?  Are you talking about navigation between dashboards and maintaining a common filter?   Or about developing a cascading filter once and then being able to reuse it in the development of multiple dashboards?

It seems like you want to maintain a filter between multiple dashboards, please confirm.

Hi ameyers,

My goal was to build a series of dashboards that would all use a common cascading filter and maintain the user's selected parameters between each. So if from the Country/State/City options the user picked USA/CA/San Francisco when they moved to the next dashboard the filter would still have selected USA/CA/San Francisco. I have discovered that I can do this on Server by passing these parameters via hyperlinking. Thanks for the comment!

Great.  It sounds like you are taking advantage of the feature allowing you to paramartize your dashboard hyperlinks allow you to navigate from dashboard to dashboard using these links and maintaining your selected filters.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions.