We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to prevent group footer starting on new page?

Dev-1

Hi,

In my report group footer is moved to next page which is causing empty group header in few pages.

I tried isPreventOrphanFooter= true on group but it gives me error.

Is  there any alternative to prevent moving only group footer to next page?

Kindly hel me on this I am new to jasper report.

Attached my jrxml file:

I am writing query in jrxml itself and currently i added dummy values but jrxml looks exactly same. Group footer is moved  to next page when details of the group ends in the end of the page.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the report is not set as Ignore Pagination, it is all about setting the correct height in all bands. That means you should know how many rows in the Detail band will occupy available space on the first page. Adding a border to the field may help see how much space the area is occupied.

Hi,

It's not possible to check how many rows detail band occupy in each page because details are dynamically increases sometimes based on field value. Actually it's not static. Can you please tell me Is there any solution in this case?

Thanks,

Dev

Can you please provide any solution for this? I thought of using keepTogether=true but it leaves huge space when only one row present in the group. I tried most of the things but nothing has really worked. I am struck now. It would really help me if anyone provide solution.