We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft Studio and connecting to Microsoft SQL Server

inki

Hello!

Using  Jaspersoft Studio 6.14.0, running on Windows 10.

To start with , I have been able to create a PDF-report using MySQL version '8.0.21'.
I am able to connect to a local MySQL version 8.0.21.

I am having problem with the Data Adapter for Microsoft SQL Server.

I want to create a DataAdapter for Microsoft SQL Server, I start with my local instance to have full control.

I have the following settings for the Data Adapter.

1. JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
  2. JDBC Url: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1444;databaseName=Northwind
  3. Username: NRMa-ingierli
  4. Password: <correct password>

I have downloaded the mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.zip  and I am using the 'mssql-jdbc-8.4.1.jre8.jar'-file ( in the 'Driver Classpath').

Running the SQL Server Configuration Manager I can see that (1) TCP/IP is enabled (2) IPALL has the settings (2.1) TCP Dynamic ports = 53777 (2.2) TCP Port = 1444.

The Exception I get when pressing the 'Test'-button is

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'NRMa-ingierli'. ClientConnectionId:162824a3-5529-4491-bfc1-3cf8c4d02eeb    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:126)    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.AbstractDataAdapterService.test(AbstractDataAdapterService.java:120)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.wizard.AbstractDataAdapterWizard$3.runOperations(AbstractDataAdapterWizard.java:155)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.utils.jobs.CheckedRunnableWithProgress$1.run(CheckedRunnableWithProgress.java:51)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'NRMa-ingierli'. ClientConnectionId:162824a3-5529-4491-bfc1-3cf8c4d02eeb    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:262)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:283)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:129)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:37)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:5233)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3988)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:85)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3932)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7375)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:3206)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:2713)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2362)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:2213)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1276)    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:861)    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.getConnection(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:164)    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:124)    ... 4 more[/code]

I am also getting the same error-message trying to connect to our central database with the same user.

Q: could the error be linked to the username having a 'backslash' in it ?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days