Old Version Compatibility Problems - NoClassDefFoundError DefaultJasperReportsContext

ricardo.parra

Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest version of JasperStudio (6.10.0) and I am currently using the 6.5.1 version.

On the JasperStudio 6.10.0 I set the backward compatibility to 6.5.1 like its explained on this page (https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v621/setting-compatibility-earlier-versions).

The problem is that when I try to compile any report, i get this error on the console, and no .jasper file is generated.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.DefaultJasperReportsContext    at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.compileReport(JasperReportCompiler.java:130)    at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportsBuilder.compileJRXML(JasperReportsBuilder.java:212)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.action.CompileAction.doRun(CompileAction.java:258)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.outline.action.compile.CompileHandler$1.run(CompileHandler.java:126)    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.DefaultJasperReportsContext    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.getDefaultInstance(JasperCompileManager.java:200)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)    at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.compileReport(JasperReportCompiler.java:105)    ... 4 more[/code]

The 6.10.0 seems a lot faster and stable than the 6.5.1 version that I currently use and I would like to try that one. I cant update the compiler version because I think that version (6.5.1) is the last one that suports well the Java 7.

Can you please give any help or some solution?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...