Unable to create temporary table in Jasper report

surya.subodh

Hi All,

I have a requirement of converting SSRS Reports into Jasper Reports along with the conversion of SQL Server to Maria DB . SQL Server is used as the source of SSRS .So while converting the SQL Server code to the Jaspersoft Report sql code, I am facing some issues.I am not able to use cte table or temp table in Jaspersoft Report sql.Temp table and cte table is not supported in Jaspersoft.So can any of you please let me know a solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Surya

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am struggling with a similar problem to Surya and if anyone can help on this topic (using temporary tables and CTE constructs in complex queries), please answer me.

In my case it looks a bit different than in the case of Surya (migrating from MsSQL):

1. We are currently using a product from 2015: JasperReports Server Product Version: 5.5.0 (Build: 20131024_0957) And in this environment, complex reports WORK (using temporary tables (#table) and CTE to extract data from SYBASE)

2. We would like to upgrade to a newer version of JasperReports Server - and our server team installed it a few months ago

TIBCO JasperReports Server Product Version: 6.4.3 (Build: 20180326_2258)

and TIBCO JasperReports Server Product Version: 7.8.0 (Build: 20200807_1412)

and neither CTE nor #tables work in any of these newer environments, while simple reports work fine.

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to fix it? Do I need any special server settings?

Kind regards,

Piotr Kotecki

I am struggling with a similar problem to Surya and if anyone can help on this topic (using temporary tables and CTE constructs in complex queries), please answer me.

In my case it looks a bit different than in the case of Surya (migrating from MsSQL):

1. We are currently using a product from 2015: JasperReports Server Product Version: 5.5.0 (Build: 20131024_0957) And in this environment, complex reports WORK (using temporary tables (#table) and CTE to extract data from SYBASE)

2. We would like to upgrade to a newer version of JasperReports Server - and our server team installed it a few months ago

TIBCO JasperReports Server Product Version: 6.4.3 (Build: 20180326_2258)

and TIBCO JasperReports Server Product Version: 7.8.0 (Build: 20200807_1412)

and neither CTE nor #tables work in any of these newer environments, while simple reports work fine.

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to fix it? Do I need any special server settings?

Kind regards,

Piotr Kotecki