We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReports IO question

misu200

I am kind of puzzled with the Jaspersoft products features......

As explained here:

https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/1107126/do-i-need-other-jaspersoft-products-use-jasperreports-io

"Reports and visualizations for JasperReports IO are developed in Jaspersoft Studio, a powerful desktop designer. Only the Professional Edition of Jaspersoft Studio includes features specifically designed for JasperReports IO."

However in order to get the "Professional Edition of Jaspersoft Studio" do I need buy at least the "Jaspersoft Reporting Edition" ?

JasperSoft IO Professional seems to be quite affordable and good for my requirments.

We using the community JasperReports Server and Studio for reports but we would like to use the data visualisation features from IO and the HTML5 charts in Jasper Studio would be nice also.

What product or combination of products could be good for us?

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, you now have two choices for using Jasperosft Studio Pro: either JasperReports Server Reporting Edition, or JasperReports IO:

JasperReports Server Reporting edition has a full set if features to view, schedule, and embed reports, as well as access controls to content. 

JasperReports IO is a lighweight report generation engine, no other features. 

Depending on what features you need and any technical support options, the prices will vary.