We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to display answers of other family members on column-2, column-3, and column-4 on the right side of the column-1?

jahn120

I have multiple questions on the left side of the page for families. On the right side of the page, I need to print out their answers with Yes or No, by using a Subreport. The answers are recurring by using the same format of the subreport. The column-1 is answers of family-1 that print out vertically. I need to know how to display answers of other family members on column-2, column-3, and column-4 on the right side of the column-1.  

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family-1              

Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed
with high blood pressure?                                                                                 No         

with diabetes?                                                                                                     No         

with heart disease?                                                                                            No

Family-2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Yes

No

No

Family-3

No

No

No

I have 10 questions with 50 words for each one. Also I am updating the existing report. I can use the table or the crosstab if I create a brand new report. I don't want to display questions agan and again for each family member. Would you please let me know if there is a way to put family-2, family-3, family-4, etc. to the right side of family-1? 

Sample data:

create table test_qa(
  question varchar(100)
, answer   varchar(3)
, family   varchar(10)
)

insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with high blood pressure?','No','Family-1')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with high blood pressure?','Yes','Family-2')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with high blood pressure?','No','Family-3')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with diabetes?','No','Family-1')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with diabetes?','No','Family-2')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with diabetes?','No','Family-3')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with heart disease?','No','Family-1')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with heart disease?','No','Family-2')
insert into test_qa values('Have you or anyone in your household had diagnosed with heart disease?','No','Family-3')

James             

with high blood pressure?                                                                                 No      
with diabetes?                                                                                                    No     
with heart disease?                                                                                            No

Anna

with diabetes?                                                                                                    No     

I need to update the report above to the following format. The values of answers come from the subreport. I can make questions to be static text not to repeat. I am looking for a way to dispay the answers from the subreport horizontally not vertically.

James       Anna

with high blood pressure?                                                                                 No         No
with diabetes?                                                                                                    No        No
with heart disease?                                                                                            No         No