We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to show multiple values of one field in tooltip using Jaspersoft Studio

Ajey.Kumar

Hello, 

I would like to show multiple values of one field in tooltip using Jaspersoft Studio. Please see below example. 

I have a field 'City' whose values are London, New York, SFO, Cincinnati etc. In tooltip, I want to see "City: London, New York, SFO, Cincinnati", currently, it just shows last value in the column i.e. 'City:Cincinnati'. 

Yes, I followed to customize tooltip.pointFormat however still, it shows last value as stated in 2nd line above. I know, I am doing something wrong and it could be a simple change. 

Any suggestions/code would be highly appreciated. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response. Could you please elaborate a bit i.e. which place, I need to put as I already have below, 

I have a pie chart where category is Country and on tool tip, I want to show list of cities concatenated and with their shipment values if hover. 

Ex: If mouse is hover on India then tool tip should show "Hyderabad:10, Mumbai:50, Delhi:40"

Here is my current tooltip.pointFormat attribute :  {series.name}: <b>{point.y}</b><br/>City:{point.City}<br/>Value:{point.Value}

City is showing last value only. Please advise the place to put in. Thanks much! 

Thanks for the response! Apologies for asking this question again, I am using version 6.4.2 and I do not see "hyperlink tooltip expression", unfortunately, I do not have an option to attach few screenshots for your reference. Also, in your provided expression, you gave $P{City}, paramater, I did not create any, can you provide some screenshots to help me with. 

• 2 weeks later...